I was trying to figure out who she was since she would have been in high school when I was there, but Holly Lynne Laflower didn't ring a bell... but then I saw her mother's last name--Budd. I remember a Holly Budd. Somehow I remember me and some others enjoyed saying her name, like Holly Buuuudd, with sort of a exaggerated Vermonter twang. Well, RIP Mrs. Laflower, hope your baby gets back to your parents.
Lesson: don't go to Florida. (Why would anyone want to anyway?)
former Montpelier High School student dies in Florida
Sunday, January 28, 2007Posted by Captain Melons at 10:02 AM
1 comments:
Shaan Khan wrote: (Why would anyone want to anyway?)
To help answer your rhetorical query, it was for economical reasons: i.e., because of the offer of better paying employment, something not always as available back here in Vermont, especially for a young, growing family and given the cost of living and housing up here, etc.
It is my understanding, based on what Holly's mother has told me, that in the case of Holly and her then husband, he had family down there and as such could have a place to stay until they were settled and, after the birth of their child, was offered a better paying job than was available in Vermont, which he took once they got down there.
Your blog post is appreciated, as it helps to know that there are others who knew her and are helping to remember her in their own fashion.
Gwen, Holly's mother, has asked me to make her a copy of your blog post and I will. Thank you.
Additional news articles:
here [Sarasota Herald-Tribune; Saturday, January 27, 2007]; and,
here [Charlotte Sun-Herald; Saturday, January 27, 2007]
Photo of Holly, here.
Post a Comment