Yes, we're a very gay-friendly state and I'm proud of that, and I can understand the marketing perspective of this website... it just seems a little, well... what about www.vermontblacktravel.com? or www.vermontjewtravel.com? www.vermontmuslimtravel.com? Point is, the places designated gay tourist destinations seems to connote that those places have something to do with being gay, and I very much doubt that they do, just as much as I doubt they'd have anything to do with being black, Jewish, or Muslim. (Although I can imagine that there are many places worth visiting where it would matter if you are black or religious, but I can't imagine there's too many places where gay people can go and say, 'this is where gays came to escape slavery, or 'this is where gays came during the Holocaust' or 'this is where gays learned how to make maple syrup' no, most of the spots on that site will simply be for recreation, nothing to do with being gay at all...
0 comments:
Post a Comment