Artists suing NBC for "stealing" their idea--sorry, did these artists try to sell their idea for an hour-long TV series to a television company? Doesn't sound like it (but someone correct me if I'm wrong). If we artists start suing every time someone is inspired by our work and turns it into something that makes more money that we did with the same idea, creativity will definitely die. So grow up and act like you got a pair, Clifton Mallery and wife Amnau Karam Eele.
I hate this kind of crap
Sunday, March 18, 2007Posted by Captain Melons at 9:22 PM
artist, copyright, heroes, intellectual property rights, ipa, nbc, plagiarism
2 comments:
thank you for that enlightening rant anonymous. If you can tell me how they stole the art, please let me know. If they had approached NBC with the idea themselves, and NBC rejected it, and then made the show themselves, then yes, it's stolen. But if someone else took the idea to NBC first, then the artists are SOL, sorry. I have no sympathy for NBC, but I do feel it's important to protect the freedom of creativity no matter whether it's for money or for personal use--if we're not allowed to borrow ideas from one another when we create art, then art itself will stagnate--this is already happening as copyright laws in this country are too strict.
It's also interesting to me that these artists waited until the seeing that the show has become a smashing success to file the lawsuit... would they have done so if the show bombed? I think not.
I KNOW THIS IS HARD FOR YOU SHAAN BECAUSE IT SEEMS WHERE EVER YOU COME FROM EDUCATION IS NOT A PRIORITY. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE SHOW IS A HIT OR NOT, IF THE ARTISTS USE THEIR WORK TO EDUCATE CHILDREN ONLY THEN NO ONE SHOULD HAVE A RIGHT TO STEAL OR USE THE ARTIST'S WORK WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION. IT'S THEIR WORK MORON. CAN I WALK INTO YOUR MOTHER'S HOUSE AND TAKE WHAT I WANT ? IF I CAN THEN TELL HER ASS I'LL BE THERE TONIGHT. YOU SUPPORT STEALING BECAUSE YOU PRAY THAT YOU WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO STEAL SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK AND PUT YOUR NAME ON IT AS THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK, WHAT MATTERS IS WHAT THE JUDGE AND JURY WILL THINK ASS WIPE.WHEN YOU HAVE REAL TALENT YOU DON'T HAVE TO BORROW SOMEONE ELSE'S TALENT. EXAMPLE: WHO DID JAMES BROWN BORROW FROM ? HE IS A ORIGINAL, BUT THAT IS A SUBJECT YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO INTELLIGENCE OR TALENT.
Post a Comment