A monumental turn in the pages of American history has begun, and now we're waiting to see where Obama wants to go from here. He wasn't my choice for president (no, McCain wasn't either), but what I like most about him is that he's already shown himself to be an unpredictably intelligent leader. Liberals have been annoyed at some of the choices he's made, which always makes me happy even though I consider myself pretty liberal. But ultimately it's the Republicans that will get the ultimate screw of their lives--Obama will say and do stuff that they will probably appreciate enough to keep quiet, even though in reality he'll be steering us forever (or at least for a long ass time) away from the classic capitalism that real conservatives dream of. Maybe that's what we need right now, maybe that's what it takes to keep our humanity in check, but I still have questions:
We were here
Wednesday, January 21, 2009the big one is this--how will his economic stimulus package actually stimulate? I love the idea of bringing our infrastructure into the 21st century, providing seed money for startups in green/renewable energy industries and all that, but what happens after the gov't funding runs out? People don't have money to buy stuff, towns, cities and states don't have money to buy stuff, so where is that money going to come from to buy all the great stuff the gov't's going to kickstart? This comes back to my previous post, how do we generate debt-free wealth? As far as I can tell, the idea of money will always be a faith-based concept, that we have faith that it will continue to have value in the future and that's why it has value now. Where is the REAL value?
Other than that, I wonder what will his China policy be, and obviously I hope he doesn't take too hard a stance against the country. Maybe you should visit a few times, Barack? And I wonder how fast will he close Gitmo, how quickly will we get out of Iraq, whether he'll consider shutting down any other of our numerous military bases on foreign soil around the world? Will he put pressure on Saudi Arabia to reform its archaic legal system, and will he cut funding to Israel that A) shouldn't be going there to begin with and B) we can't afford right now. Will he support democracy around the world whether those people choose leaders we like? Can I finally travel to Cuba without worrying about getting arrested? Would Obama really reconsider his position on marijuana, if people continue to pressure him to see the light? What about the failed war on drugs in general?
I could go on.
I'll leave this rambling with some further rambles though. Why was the CNN broadcast so horribly tacky and trivial? Is CNN news or entertainment? The reporters couldn't just shut their mouths and let us watch? Why do they always have to say shit, like color commentary during a sports event. And what was up with the massive Facebook blowjob? Makes wonder if they're not getting into the 3am QVC business.
Barak's inauguration: B
CNN: F-
Oh, the moment that really made my night--Obama signing something in the Oval Office I think, using his LEFT hand. I feel like my years of southpaw suffering finally mean something!
0 comments:
Post a Comment