The new film The Illusionist is out this weekend, and I'd never heard it was being made! As I heard more and more of what it was about, I was wondering, gee, that's sounds way too much like Steven Millhauser's story "Eisenheim The Illusionist." Probably not too much to my surprise, it is based on his story, but I don't know if it really keeps to the original story, which if I remember correctly was about a mysterious illusionist who performs increasingly unbelievable feats of magic, until an ending I can't remember now--and I wouldn't want to spoil it for you anyway, would I?
Why I am mentioning this? Millhauser was my adviser on my senior project, a novella, and an excellent writer no matter what people thought of his Pulitzer Prize winning novel.
(Eisenheim) The Illusionist
Sunday, August 20, 2006Posted by Captain Melons at 11:56 PM
0 comments:
Post a Comment