Yesterday I started teaching a new class of students, and as always they noticed I write with my left hand. At least they didn't gasp in amazement and tell me for the 1,354,465,423,643th time that 'they say left-handed people are very clever' (which doesn't explain why our average lifespan is five years shorter), but a bit later one little girl said to me, "I noticed you're left-handed" and I thought, oh here it comes. "I'm left-handed, too!"
I said, "Oh, you're the first student I've had who is left-handed. We're very lucky."
"Because I'm disabled," she said, smiling. Then I noticed, she didn't have a right arm. Yeah, really fucking lucky. Ooohhh...
(Give me a break, she was wearing a long-sleeve shirt and I had them sitting in a circle, so her right arm looked as if it was just covered by the arm of the girl sitting next to her.)
A bad case of Foot in Mouth disease
Saturday, October 15, 2005Posted by Captain Melons at 8:42 AM
3 comments:
nice work!
Hey there:)
I saw your msg in my msnspace, thx.
Which area in Qingdao do you live?in Huangdao kaifaqu?
I live in Shinan area, near Carrafour in Hongkong road..
I'm a mandarin tutor, but i also want to find a person to exchange language:)
my email is
cynthia_mlml@yahoo.com
lol hey Shaan!
Post a Comment