This... is the 21st century?

Sunday, November 06, 2005

I remember some years back I thought to myself that you'd have to be utterly retarded to not see any problem with having slaves, and still pretty retarded a hundred years later for considering it absurd to let black people attend the same schools, play the same sports and use the same bathrooms, bus seats and water fountains as white people.

This line of thinking obviously led to my sheer amazement at the retards of almost a hundred years ago who believed that Darwin was a heretic for theorizing the Earth was in fact not created in seven days some six thousand years ago, and that this device of Satan known as Evolution (or as they probably called it, 'evilution') was to be burned at the stake, metaphorically of course.

But now I've realized three things. One, I'm giving retards a bad name. Two, those people of 100+ years ago could say in court, 'hey, we're just a bunch of ignorant religious dumbshits with our Bible Belts on one notch too tight!' Three, the idiots pushing 'Intelligent Design' today can't make that argument. Up until this moment I don't think science has ever faced actually taking a step backwards. Copernicus and Galileo, Scopes; they were criticized and censured for introducing and teaching new ideas, not for teaching a long-established principle (come on, it's really not a theory anymore). When Darwin released his Theory of Natural Selection it faced less controversy than evolution is facing today. This is beyond flat earth, geocentric, seven day stupidity. It's commercialism at it's worst--the simplification and branding of science and religion as irreducible arguments against one another, and it's been done by a small, small minority with an utterly pointless agenda other than to get a few minutes of infame by taking advantage of a very confused American society. Why confused? When a majority of people start looking to God as the answer rather than looking to Him for answers, I'd say they're pretty confused. (Don't deny it. Most Americans are not atheists, unlike the few who are probably reading this blog).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wooo athiests! boo religious wackos. hm normal folk

s